Oh, yeah…that’s right.
We’re takin’ it back inside.
You know how I said it has been cold here? I wasn’t kidding. So cold, in fact, that our fireplace has been going more than we had it going all winter (might have to do with the fact that we turned the furnace off over a month ago).
I’m making the best of a chilly situation and making fireplace s’mores!
Of course, as with any recipe I want to make, I never have all of the ingredients. So here’s what I did and how I did it!
Pop these little suckers into the microwave to get the chocolate chips started in the melting process (this ensures that they smoosh to the graham crackers instead of falling off when you go to take a bite).
Dad? Sarah? Rolling your eyes at my ridiculousness yet? Or impressed by my ingenuity?
I know, I know…ridiculous.
Right about now I was wondering how the heck I was going to toast these bad boys without burning myself. Enter…
Now, you have to hold the marshmallows in the fireplace for a little longer than normal. You can NOT just set them on fire b/c the inside doesn’t get mushy enough while to burn the outside and even the melty chocolate chips won’t save your fireplace s’mores. ‘Nuf said.
Yes, they are messy. Yes, they are more delicious than messy.
No, I have not run out of things to talk about. This was just such a ridiculous mission adventure that I had to share it.
PP How’s your life of ridiculousness coming along? 🙂