I love February. It is by far my favorite month.
No snow, ice, or windy chill can bring this chica down.
Everything good happens in February. For starters, Jerry and I started dating in February.
Let’s travel back in time…
Awr, shucks. Look at those young kids! This is Jerry and I on our 1 year anniversary, February 7th, 2004.
We celebrated with a relaxing evening at my Mom’s house in the hot tub. (And yes, that is how I say, the hot tub. Can’t really help it anymore).
So what have we been up to the past 7 years?
- Miss Em drives up (4 hours) almost every weekend to see Mr. J (who was without wheels).
- Miss Em begins her 1 year stint at college #2.
- JB and EM spend most of the summer in Texas with Miss Em’s Dad, Johnny Mac.
- EM’s sister, Cate, ties the knot.
- Miss Em drives up (4 hours) almost every weekend to see Mr. J (who was still basically without wheels).
- Emily ties up year 1 at college #2.
- Jerry graduates from the college where we first met. Buys a sports car.
- JB gets a job in Rochester, NY, asked EM to move, too.
- She does.
- We move into our first and only apartment in downtown Rochester.
- Miss Em scouts (read: lazily looks at) area colleges trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up.
- JB brings home the bacon.
- EM totals vehicle and buys a sensible four door.
- Miss Em convinces Mr. J to adopt Eddie (he was easily convinced).
- Mr. J asks Miss Em, “Wedding? Or house?”
- Eddie gets a fenced in yard…that we own.
- Ah, the joys of homeownership! Painting and tearing up carpet consumes JB and EM.
- Jer-Bear joins a broomball league.
- JB’s brother, John and EM’s sister, Sarah, get hitched (Fun Fact: neither couple has been together as long as the McB’s)!
- Miss Em goes back to school at college #3.
- Miss Em makes it through more than 1 year at a college!
- More home renovations to count.
- Traveling to see family all over the country.
- EM lands her first gig on a movie set!
- JB and EM start traveling “back home” together on holidays.
- Miss Em graduates from college #3!!!
- EM gets a production job on Hamill: The Movie.
- More focused home renovations occur.
So…I guess that sums it up! All the major happenings of our 6 year relationship. I may have left some things out but can you blame me? 6 years is a long time to try to remember all the things that happened.
This weekend (Sunday, February 7th, to be exact) is the 7 year anniversary of Miss Em and Mr. J.
PP Have any questions? Why aren’t we married yet? How does he put up with me? (That’s a good one I’m not sure I know the answer to!) I hope you’re just as lucky in love as I am! (But let’s be real, those dimples and baby blues are all mine and you really can’t beat that). 🙂